Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ireland Febuary 2008


I spent a weekend down in Kerry catching up with Kris and Karren (friends I met in the Azores) and her friends. I spontaneously booked the flights and on the day of departure realised I had done so to the wrong Irish airport…! Muppet. After 5 hours of driving I arrived in my hire car at 4am, just in time to grab a pint of Guiness before bed. Really cool down to earth little spot in the wop wops, was amazing to see where I had ended up in the day light.

I met some amazing people that weekend - the girls had been on so many crazy adventures (Karen was the first girl to Kayak around Ireland and her two friends had just come back from the Antarctic and Arctic Kayaking). I met a guy who had sailed the horn a few times and even someone who’d climbed Everest!
It was a good active weekend that involved Kayaking, walking, biking and of course lots of drinking.

No comments: